The Prettiest Castle in Hungary


For my first afternoon in Budapest I had no real plans, and so I made my way towards Heroes Square and the City Park,  a public park close to the city centre. The park is home to the Szechenyi Thermals Baths, Budapest Zoo and Vajdahunyad Castle, which is by far one of the most beautiful castles I've ever seen!








After spending some time at Heroes Square, I made my way across the bridge and towards the castle. Both the grounds and the courtyard are completely free to explore! However, there's an entrance fee to visit the museum inside the castle (I didn't bother with this).

The castle was built in the late 19th century, and is a lovely place to spend a couple of hours. It's situated next to the boating lake, where in the summer visitors can rent pedalos and enjoy the sunshine. It's very affordable and so much fun! In the winter, there's an outdoor ice skating rink instead which is incredibly popular.






But don't just visit the castle during the day! Be sure to visit the park after dark, as at night the castle is lit up, and it's golden glow makes it look even more beautiful...


PIN IT


Ar-themes Logo

Ar-themes

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment