Ile de la Cité, Paris





Possibly my favourite day in Paris was the one we spent exploring Ile de la Cité, an island in the centre of the city where the Sainte Chapelle, Notre Dame & Palais De Justice can all be found.


We stepped off the metro at Cite to be met with the Flower & Bird market that's there every Sunday (some of the market is there every single day). There are so many cute stands and small shops selling a variety of things.

I fell in love with a quaint shop selling candle holders & jars. I just couldn't resist buying a few to take home with me, although it was a struggle fitting everything back into my carry-on suitcase!


We then waited in line to enter Sainte Chapelle - also free if you're under 25 and live in the EU. And it was definitely worth the wait!

Don't spend too much time on the ground floor and head straight up to the first floor. That's where the beauty really is. As soon as you're at the top of the stairs the stained glass is almost overwhelming.

It's recently finished a seven year renovation and the last of the scaffolding was taken down a couple of months ago, so we were incredibly lucky.


By this point we were starving! We grabbed some sandwiches to eat by the river whilst watching the boats go past. I would have loved to have done a river boat tour but we just ran out of time.

We then went and saw the Notre Dame but didn't go inside. The queue outside was far too long, and our feet were already killing us that the thought of standing up for an hour waiting was too much to bear.

Even though we crammed so much into our little trip there's still so much more I'd love to do. We did go up the Eiffel Tower at midnight, but really I'd prefer to go up during the day as my camera is rubbish at taking night-time shots. At least this gives me an excuse to go again in the near future, right?

What's your favourite thing to do in Paris? I'd love to know for any future trips!

Ar-themes Logo

Ar-themes

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this post. Lovely to see the photographs you had taken, they are beautiful. That market sounded really interesting and the Sainte Chapelle looked a treat to visit. I would love to go to Paris one day. So nice of you to share your experiences! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete